Nitya has spent nearly two decades in software research, development & management roles spanning academic, industry and consulting. She’s lived all over the map and is a proud parent and tech community organizer in the greater NYC area. Throughout her journey, she’s focused on development (building things to help people) and education (helping people to build things) with an emphasis on youth (aka future workforce) and self-empowerment (making everyone feel they belong in tech). Her manifesto?
- Be present – stand tall & speak loudly / help others see & hear you.
- Be vigilant – stand up for equality / speak out against injustice.
- Be empathetic – share your stories (successes & failures) / listen without prejudice.
- Be pragmatic – value yourself / know when to compromise & when to fight
- Be persistent – don’t give up / know your voice matters.
She believes collective voices drive lasting change. And when you find your voice, you will find a community ready to amplify it.